Geotube® containment technology is engineered to provide innovative solutions to the Hydraulic & Marine Protection and Environmental Protection & Remediation markets.
Geotube(r) containers are an effective dewatering technology fabricated from a specially engineered textile which provides confinement of the fine solids inside the container, while allowing water to permeate through the engineered textile.
TenCate Geotube® dewatering containers are an effective dewatering technology fabricated from a specially engineered textile which provides confinement of the fine solids inside the container, while allowing water to permeate through the engineered textile. As the water drains, the solids continue to densify and consolidate over time. Once the solids are fully consolidated or have met minimum requirements for transport, several options are available for disposal of the dewatered material.
Geotube® dewatering containers are prefabricated using high strength and quality seaming techniques into tubular, bag-like, or other forms with filling ports or other provisions for site filling. The containers are custom sized to save land space and are ideal for areas where space is a constraint. Geotube® dewatering containers are designed to optimize the solids retention and effluent discharge rate and quality making it a highly efficient and environmental friendly solution for various sludge dewatering applications.
Benefits of Geotube® Dewatering Containers:
- Highly effective technology that produces high volume reduction and retention of solids
- High effluent discharge rate with clear filtrate that can be recirculated through the system
- Custom-sized containers saves expensive and limited land space
- Easy removal and disposal of solids
- Efficient, versatile and environmental friendly solution reduces carbon footprint
- Reliable in all weather conditions and reduces risks in operational safety
- Cost effective, low maintenance and saves time